You are able to import your existing contacts manually by importing a CSV file to your account. If your Pathfinder Account is already connected to an e-commerce platform, your contacts will automatically and you do not need to do anything further.
Please check that there are headers in the first row of your file, and that one of the columns contains the email address, as this is the only Pathfinder mandatory field.
- Be careful that once the file is reviewed, it is not re-saved in an incompatible format. Some programs are great to view CSV, but can corrupt the format when saving changes.
- The Pathfinder CSV import page provides a list of valid field headings you can use in the file, based on your account. The headings can appear in any order. See step 3 for how to get to the CSV import page.
- Not all fields need to be present for the import to work, but the email field is required.
- If you have extra fields you'd like to include in your CSV file, you'll need to create a corresponding custom field in Pathfinder first. This is a Pro feature.
- Pro users can also add and remove tags by CSV.
- Note that if you add a contact which already exists in Pathfinder, any new data from the CSV file will overwrite old data.
Import the CSV file
To import your CSV file, go to the Pathfinder CSV Import Contacts page as illustrated below.
You'll then be prompted to upload the CSV file. To select the file, please use the Choose File button, and then to upload and import the file press the Import File button.
At the end of the process, you should see the following success message, confirming that your contacts have been uploaded to Pathfinder.
If you are having problems with your import, we recommend validating your file here.In the case of an error, you will be notified via the following error message.
If you are unable to solve this on your own, please contact our support team and they will be happy to help.