When you install our Magento or Shopify extension Pathfinder will automatically:
- Record page view data for every visitor.
- Identify visitors who complete a checkout.
- Identify visitors who sign up for your newsletter.
- Record purchase data each time an order is placed.
- Record when somebody views a product.
- Record when somebody adds or removes an item to their cart.
- Record when somebody abandons a checkout.
To confirm this is working correctly
The status page shows when we've received data from each of the 5 sources:
Please allow up to five minutes for the first batch of data to come through.
Note: Before checking each source, don't forget to record a relevant activity on your store as Pathfinder doesn't track retrospectively.
1. Page view tracking:
Tracks all page views to your store page.
- Active: When there are page views in the last 24 hours.
- Uncertain: If the page views are received longer than 24 hours.
- Inactive: If no page views have ever been received.
2. Shopper identification (website):
Matches the customer name to their profile (when newsletter sign-up occurs) so they are no longer tracked as anonymous when on your store page.
- Active: If there was a shopper signed up in the last 7 days.
- Uncertain: If the last sign up is longer than 7 days ago.
- Inactive: If no store has been connected.
3. Product interaction tracking:
Tracks all product interactions from the shoppers on your store. You'll receive data for all product views, products added to cart, removed from cart or purchase interactions.
- Active: If a product interaction is made within 24 hours.
- Uncertain: If a product interaction was made later than 24 hours.
- Inactive: If no product events have ever been tracked.
4. Purchase tracking & identification:
Tracks Guest and Identified (newsletter sign-ups) shoppers who make a purchase
4.1 Purchase tracking:
Tracks if the last order we received was within 7 days. Works for both guest and registered shoppers.
- Active: If the last order was received within 7 days.
- Uncertain: If the last order was received longer than 7 days.
- Inactive: If no order has ever been tracked.
4.2 Contact identification
Tracks last identified guest shopper (contacts that have purchased a product but have not registered accounts in your store).
- Active: If guest user was active within 7 days.
- Uncertain: If the guest user was active more than 7 days ago.
- Inactive: If no guest customers were ever registered.
5. Abandoned checkout tracking:
Tracks when somebody abandons a checkout.
- Active: If a user abandons a cart within 7 days.
- Uncertain: If the abandon checkout happened longer than 7 days ago.
- Inactive: If no abandoned checkout has ever been tracked.
Note: This will only track abandoned carts, so to stop this tracking from being marked as inactive, the sore must have an abandoned checkout.
6. Resetting the tracking
You can reset the tracking status by clicking the Reset button on the bottom left corner of the tracking status window.
Resetting the tracking status will clear the tracking status data and restart tracking status. This does not delete the data we have been collecting about your store.
7. What if tracking fails?
Every so often, a store will be built in a non-standard way that means our extension can't get the tracking code in the right place.
If you've installed our extension but you're still not receiving all of the data correctly, you'll need to add some code manually. Please start a new support conversation and we'll be happy to help.